Thursday, December 4, 2008

Afternoon Drive to Petrajaya

Today we took an afternoon drive to Petrajaya, a very modern township which houses the seat of Sarawak government.  The 2020 topiary reminds visitors of  Sarawak's goal of becoming an industrialised state by 2020.
This is my favourite driveway to Petrajaya.  I like the huge rain trees in the central  median. Considered as the main protocol road this stretch is always kept at tip top condition.
I dropped by at the Sarawak State Library to borrow 6 books ( maximum).  I have never seen any staircase like this anywhere in Malaysia.  The steps are made of glass slabs and below the landing are water fountains.
While on the way out of the library's compound I saw a flock of egrets.  The park surrounding the library is huge probably about 20 hectares and planted with hundreds of species of flowering trees.

No comments: